Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Brussels Sprouts!

Brussels sprouts, not a food I've ever been interested in trying. In fact, in the past I might have said I didn't like them even before trying them. Movies and television shows always depict brussels sprouts as being disgusting and inedible. I think they can taste great (as can any ingredient really) if cooked properly.
My recipe today is a very simple recipe. Only 4 ingredients, let's get to it!

Pre-entering oven
Roasted Brussels Sprouts!
Ingredients: 
2 lb brussels sprouts (ends trimmed, leaves removed)
4 TBSP olive oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place all ingredients into a large resealable plastic bag, seal tightly and shake until sufficiently coated. Pour onto baking sheet, and place in center of oven.
3. Roast in oven for 20-35 minutes, shaking every 5-7 minutes for even browning. Reduce heat if necessary to prevent burning.* Brussels sprouts should be a dark brown (almost black) when done. Re-season if necessary.





YUM! Enjoy :)

*After about 10 minutes I turned the oven to 350 degrees and only continued cooking for 10 more minutes. How you cook them will depend on your oven. Ours doesn't like to be too hot. :)
Also, I made a small batch. This is less than one lb, so I adjusted the oil measurements.

1 comment: